As radon is a gas and cannot be easily detected by humans, its presence in your home may go unnoticed for a long time. Note that there are no set radon symptoms, and it may take a while before its effects begin to show.
Long term exposure to radon gas could cause lung cancer. We recommend you carry our radon testing as soon as you notice any of the symptoms below.
Radon Gas Symptoms
We at Radon Omaha Pros have compiled a list of radon gas symptoms to look out for; They are:
● Dyspnea: This happens when there is labored breathing or shortness of breath. It can be physiological following strenuous activity, but it most often occurs alongside lung and heart issues. Long-term exposure to radon gas is a well-known cause of dyspnea.
● Cough: Coughs are a normal physiologic process used to expel harm from the respiratory tract. However, exposure to harmful gases like radon can lead to wet or dry coughs lasting more than eight weeks.
● Chest pain: You could experience this pain in various forms. It could be stabbing or dull. It could also be insidious or sudden in onset. The problem could radiate to other parts of the body, including the jaws and neck. Chest pain due to radon exposure is similar to what obtains in lung cancer.
● Fatigue: This occurs when you experience a lack of energy and general weakness. The causes of fatigue might be mild and could also be life-threatening. Exposure to radon gas has been proven to lead to this common symptom over time.
● Unintended Weight Loss: Losing weight without a traceable reason may be another indication that you have been exposed to radon. Breathing in radon can be compared with smoking as the radioactive particles affect the lungs.
● Infections: Respiratory infections such as pneumonia and bronchitis could arise from radon poisoning. These infections could expose the body to even more danger as previous ailments may begin to spring up.
● Hoarseness: Abnormal voice changes could be linked to radon poisoning. These changes include the voice being strained or raspy. The volume might be affected, as well. The vocal cords are the affected part of the respiratory tract and responsible for the changes in tone.
Omaha Radon Pros
At Omaha Radon Pros, we are dedicated to combating the increasing incidence of radon gas poisoning. Our professional radon testing and radon remediation services will help you detect the presence of radon in your home. Our team of licensed professionals offers the best advice in both radon mitigation and management in the Omaha, NE area.